Faculty Administrator Apprentice South & City College Birmingham
Provide administrative and secretarial support within the Faculty and ensure the administration and maintenance of computerised and manual systems are maintained.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2023
Salary will be set to NMW for your age.
Monday to Friday, 09:00am - 05:00pm
Total hours per week: 36.5
Possible start date
24 Jun 2023
11 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Successful candidates would be working within one of the following faculties:
- Higher Education
- Technology & Construction Studies
- Care, Science & Academic Studies
- Creative & Professional Studies
- Foundation Studies
Postholders can be required to work at any College Centre.
General duties and work tasks will include:
- Dealing with divisional telephone enquiries
- Carry out general administrative duties, which will involve the use of all Microsoft packages
- Assist in the maintenance of college databases and systems
- Input relevant data onto College systems ensuring that information is checked and recorded accurately
- To assist in the maintenance of finance systems
- General office administration to include dealing with post, answering the telephone, photocopying, filing and typing, word processing and minute taking
- Attend and contribute to divisional meetings
- Carry out any reasonable instructions, including additional duties commensurate with the level and grading of this post
- Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims
- Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations
- Comply with divisional Employer Charter; Customer Service Standards; quality assurance and administrative processes and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and comply with Data Protection Legislation
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required
- Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies
- To attend a college course approximately one day a week Undertake relevant training through day release to complete the level 3 Apprenticeship course
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills maths & English if required
- To attend a college course approximately one day a week at our Digbeth Campus and to undertake relevant training through day release to complete the Apprenticeship course
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of your Apprenticeship the opportunity to apply for a full-time position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4 / C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
South & City College Birmingham
High Street Deritend
SOUTH & CITY COLLEGE BIRMINGHAM
0121 694 5066
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.