Production Apprentice (Panels) GRUNDFOS MANUFACTURING LIMITED
Work in the Panels Production department dealing with a wide range of tasks specific to each area and provide support where necessary. Apply knowledge across functional area to satisfy Customer requirements with a clear focus on Safety, Quality and Cost.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Monday – Thursday 08:00 – 16:30 with 30 minute lunch break Friday 08:00 – 13:00 with no lunch break
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
12 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Dimensions of the Job / Key Performance Indicators
- Good communication skills, able to generate written reports for customer reviews regarding the repair of various pumps.
- Support colleagues in the assigned department by working both as a team member and/or as an individual with Assembly, disassembly, aligning, adjusting, and repairing of products.
- Responsible for personal safety and safety of co-workers, contractors, and visitors. Complies with the Health & Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 and any other Acts and Regulations which may be equally relevant.
- Take a proactive approach towards Safety.
- Undertake a range of tasks suited to the level of training and development.
- To support colleagues in the assigned department by working both as a team member and/or as an individual depending upon the work being undertaken.
- To attend college and complete work on time and to a high standard.
- To attend and fully participate in regular training and development reviews with line manager, mentor, and College.
- Comply with Company rules, regulations, working practices and all relevant provisions of any collective agreement at all times.
- To carry out activities in a safe and diligent manner.
- Manage time effectively; prioritize work according to requirements and timescales.
- Comply with any reasonable management request within the bounds of the terms and conditions of employment.
- To maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Contribute to the development of a Lean Organization and actively participate in Continuous Improvement.
- Support adherence too, and development of, the Grundfos Production system.
- Respect all company safety policies and procedures.
- Report of near misses /accidents in a timely manner to the Supervisor or Safety Coordinator and share in DAM (Daily Action Meeting).
- Maintain 5S in the area.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full Engineering Technician Standard Level 3
First year is full time college.
Day release for the remainder of the apprenticeship.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Product Design and Development
Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Join us in solving the world's water and climate challenges while making a career in a global organisation. Discover new opportunities by searching all our open positions and read more about how we pioneer change together.
Possibility of full time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 9-4 or A*-C) Essential
About the employer
GRUNDFOS MANUFACTURING LIMITED
Ferry Boat Lane
Sunderland Tyne & Wear
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.