Dental Nursing Apprentice Grange Road West Dental Practice
Grange Road West Dental Practice are seeking a hardworking Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will support chairside as well as some administrative tasks.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2023
£9,609.60 to £18,964.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
17 Jun 2023
11 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- As a Dental Nurse Apprentice, you will be assisting with all clinical aspects within the surgery and providing patients with a high level of care, so you need to be calm under pressure and able to put people at ease
- You will receive ongoing support, development and training to equip you with the skills and knowledge required for a successful dental nursing career. Your daily activities could include:
- Sterilising instruments
- Updating patient records
- Maintaining equipment
- Preparing instruments and materials for various treatments and assisting the dentists and hygienists
- Being responsible for infection control in the dental surgery and general cleaning
- You can also expect to work in other areas of the practice, including reception. That will see you dealing with patient queries, answering the phone, taking payments and booking appointments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at Newcastle Site (Stamp Exchange, Westgate Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 1SA)
- On and off the job training
- Level 3 Dental Nursing Apprenticeship
- A level 3 qualification which has been approved by the General Dental Council as meeting the requirements for entry to the professional register as a dental nurse
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Grange Road West Dental Practice
6 GRANGE ROAD WEST
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.