Apprentice Business Administrator and Purchasing Assistant d2d (direct2market)
We are seeking an Apprentice Purchasing Assistant to order supplies and equipment based on our company’s needs. Responsibilities include researching new vendors, tracking deliveries, and updating order records. Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
11 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your responsibilities in this role will include the following:
- Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs.
- Researching potential sellers and shop for the best available deals on needed items by looking up prices from multiple vendors and suppliers to find the highest-quality items for the lowest price.
- Tracking orders and ensuring timely deliver
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, sellers, quantities, discounts)
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Evaluate offers from sellers and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Understand company needs based on stock, inventory, projects and plans as well as the understanding of general sales and market trends according to the industry.
- Write Purchase Orders and process purchase orders, updating digital files as needed to record purchases made, when money has been received, and all other relevant information.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels, ordering new items as needed to keep the inventory fully stocked and supplied.
- Locate new vendors and establish working relationships with them. They also maintain existing vendor and supplier relationships.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Full training will be given leading to a recognised Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard Qualification
- Full on-the-job training will be delivered
- Off-the-job training will be supported by our Training Provider - Davidson Training UK Ltd
- You will also complete the Functional Skills in maths and English up to and including Level 2 (if you already do not hold the equivalent)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to a full-time position with the company on achievement of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (A*- C)) Desired
About the employer
DAVIDSON TRAINING UK LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.