Mechatronic Apprentice WABTEC RAIL LIMITED
You will be working in a busy and fast paced manufacturing environment with peers who have a wealth of experience and knowledge. The successful candidate will train to become a fully qualified Mechatronics Technician as part of the Operations Team. Some duties are producing components using hand fitting techniques where required, dismantling components and equipment.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
A pay increase will occur when milestones are met.
Monday to Friday exact shifts tbc.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
10 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Diagnose faults on equipment
- Checking components for serviceability during overall activities
- Repairing and modifying mechanical assemblies
- Assembling mechanical components
- Checking that completed assemblies comply with specifications
- Assisting the Engineering team with maintenance and repair tasks
- Diagnose faults on electrical equipment and circuits
- Maintain electrical equipment
- Modify or rewire electrical circuits
- Testing electrical equipment and circuits
- Carry out preventative planned maintenance on electrical equipment
- Assist in the installation of electrical equipment and systems
- Working to high quality standards
- Familiarisation with the company’s systems and procedures
- Some administrative duties as and when required
Adherence to Company Health & Safety Policy and safety regulations is essential
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be at Doncaster College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer
- Day release
- You will undertake The Level 3 Engineering
- Technician apprenticeship standard
- You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed
- You will undertake both on and off the training by a team of industry qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To gain full time employment within a reputable company
- Can undertake further qualifications and training
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WABTEC RAIL LIMITED
DN COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.