Fabricator Welder Apprentice WABTEC RAIL LIMITED
As a Fabricator Welder Apprentice you will be working in a busy and fast paced manufacturing environment with peers who have a wealth of experience and knowledge. The successful candidate will train to become a fully trained fabricator welder. We are looking for someone who want to gain experience in a multi-discipline role, who want to progress while gaining qualifications.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
A pay increase will occur when milestones are met.
Monday to Friday. Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
10 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Working to high quality standards
- Familiarisation with the company’s systems and procedures
- General administrative duties
- Reading technical drawings
- Working to technical instructions
- Learning weld symbols
- Understanding weld quality requirements
- Appreciation of NDT & Visual inspection
- Welding processes MMA, MIG/MAG & TIG
- Hand tools
- Plasma & Oxy fuel cutting
- Guillotine, Saws, Bending, Rollers
Adherence to Company Health & Safety Policy and safety regulations is essential.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be at Doncaster College where you will access a wide range of facilities on offer.
- Day release.
- You will undertake the Level 2 General Welder (Arc Processes) apprenticeship standard.
- General welder (arc processes) / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education.
- You will undertake Functional Skills for English and/or Maths if needed.
- You will undertake both on and off the training by a team of industry qualified professionals to give you the best skills, knowledge, and experience.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To gain full time employment within a reputable company. Have the opportunity to undertake further qualifications and training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
WABTEC RAIL LIMITED
DN COLLEGES GROUP
General welder (arc processes)
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.