Early Years Educator Apprentice Footsteps Nursery School
To work as a part of the nursery team under the direction of the managers to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children.
Closing date: 09 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, 8.00 am - 4.00 pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
10 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To help to set up the room for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of a session
- To work with the children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation, liaising with staff ensuring each child’s needs are recognised and met
- Working to the best of your ability at all times
Work as part of a team following our positive teamwork guidelines:
- Display a cooperative and positive attitude
- Offer solutions to team problems, not complaints
- Support team members’ ideas & suggestions
- Offer to assist others when time is available
- Make positive comments about team members
- Ask for others’ ideas & demonstrate consideration of others
- Assist other team members when they ask for help
- To advise the managers of any concerns e.g., over children, parents, or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To attend staff meetings as necessary
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff learned as part of the job. This includes online networking and forums and all eyLog data
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full in-house training provided towards the successful completion of the Level 3 Early Years Educator Standard which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) (Work-based)
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF) or complete a first aid course
- Functional Skills in maths and English at Level 2 if applicable
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Footsteps Nursery School
19 DYNEVOR CLOSE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.