Business Administration and Reception Apprentice Stuart Road Surgery
A great opportunity to work within a GP Practice. You will be required to assist in the provision of an efficient administration and reception service. Full apprenticeship and role training will be provided for this exciting new position in this patient-focused practice, working towards a L3 Business Administration qualification.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, times TBC at interview.
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
09 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- This is a great opportunity to work in a local busy doctor’s surgery, assisting with reception and administration duties across all departments of the surgery
- The role will require you to assist in the provision of an efficient administration service and reception service. Full apprenticeship and role training will be provided
Duties after training will include:
- Working on reception and handling all patient enquiries as the first line of contact
- Logging patient arrivals, booking appointments and utilising the full range of services provided with the electronic appointments system (training will be provided)
- Taking telephone queries and booking of appointments
- Working in the admin office
- Providing general administrative support such as filing, photocopying and general letters and any other duties appropriate to the role
- Logging a variety of information into patient records using a purpose-built clinical system
- Using Excel and Word to perform specific tasks set by the Practice Manager
- Scanning incoming correspondence into patients’ electronic records via the clinical system
- Mail handling
- Calling patients with reminders/results etc.
- Contacting patients by e-mail/letter with reminders/results
- This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the business manager which are relevant to your role within the company to meet the overall business needs. The role will evolve as time and duties progress
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your Apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English if not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
- This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills
- You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times
- Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Whilst we cannot guarantee a role at the end of the programme, as a surgery there may be future progression for the right candidate within the NHS
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Stuart Road Surgery
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.