I.T Support Apprentice Howmet Aerospace
This I.T apprenticeship role will be engaged with all areas of I.T on site, as detailed (but not limited only to) the main duties such as Providing 1st & 2nd level I.T support for Redditch I.T systems, liaising with the IT manager and other departments for ongoing projects. Hardware upgrades for desktops, laptops and mobile devices. Follow-up and escalation of site IT issues with the European customer service desk team.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
The times may slightly vary from the below and will also be dependent on the applicant’s designated day at college. Monday – Thursday, 8.00am – 4.00pm (20 minutes lunch per day) Friday, 8.00am – 1.00pm TBC
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
09 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties will include:
- Providing 1st & 2nd level I.T support for Redditch I.T systems, liaising with the IT manager and other departments for ongoing projects
- Hardware upgrades for desktops, laptops & mobile devices.
- Follow-up & escalation of site IT issues with the European customer service desk team
- Knowledge development with the location’s ERP system Progression to eventually deliver 1st level application/user support
- Working within the guidelines of the I.T ASAT compliance and participation in the assessment process when required
- Participation in I.T European daily management meetings
- Utilise available tools to help improve location performance (Power BI, Power Apps, Solar Winds etc)
- Occasional I.T cover may be required for HFS Leicester & Telford locations. (Mileage expenses for work related travel will be reimbursed)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 information communications technician apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths as required
You will attend Solihull College & University Centre (Solihull site) one day a week (Thursday) for the length of the learning.
You will also be visited by an I.T coach in the workplace every 6 to 8 weeks to pick up the work-based evidence and prepare you for the end point assessments.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential of a full-time role within the I.T department, but this will be dependent on business needs at the time and the suitability of the candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent IT (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
0121 678 7178
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.