Horticultural Apprentice NEWMANS PLANTS LTD
We are looking for an apprentice to work alongside our team at the Ashford Designer Outlet. The role includes maintaining and enhancing all horticultural elements on the large retail park. The apprentice will have the opportunity to work with other employees supporting with many varying duties.
Closing date: today
Monday - Friday, 06:30 - 14:30 including one day a week at college
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
09 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Lawn maintenance
- Shrub pruning and maintenance
- Hedge cutting
- Seasonal planting including beds, pots and hanging baskets
- Weed control
- Interior plant maintenance
- As well as college tuition the candidate will work with our on site team learning and training with them during the working week
- The team tend to start on site early particularly in the Summer.
- The apprentice will also support us with our Christmas business install and decorating Christmas trees into clients sites
- Uniform and all PPE are provided
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will attend North Kent College, Hadlow Campus one day per week to learn the Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours to prepare you for the Horticulture or Landscape Construction Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (Ofqual registered) minimum 1-day course
- (Horticulture Operative) Lantra Awards Level 2 Award in Safe Use of Pesticides OR City & Guilds Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides
- (Horticulture Operative) Lantra Awards Level 2 Award in the Safe Application of Pesticide Using Hand Held Equipment OR City & Guilds Level 2 Award In The Safe Application of Pesticides Using Pedestrian Hand Held Equipment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- With over 700 clients and circa 60 employees there are great opportunities to progress within our company
- We have a wide range of roles including internal and external maintenance technicians and supervisors. An installation team and team leaders, sales advisors, account managers and many more
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade Grade 3 / D or above) Essential
About the employer
NEWMANS PLANTS LTD
Ashford Designer Outlet,
NORTH KENT COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.