Apprentice Cheese Making Assistant FELTHAM'S FARM LIMITED
This is a key role in the cheese room in a growing team. Assisting the Head Cheesemaker with the daily make and other associated tasks from the milk coming in, through to the cheese being made.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
09 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Sterilising pasteuriser
- Assisting the head cheesemaker with the daily make
- Overseeing & executing as needed cleaning before and during production
- Contributing ideas & effort towards increasing the efficiency & quality of the cheese room
- Full clean of the cheese room after each make and at the end of the week
- Maturing/affinage of three kinds of cheese
- Wrapping and labelling
- Helping develop and test new cheeses for the market
- Working on the sales and distribution team to grow the market for Feltham’s Farm cheese
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- A Level 2 Food and Drink Process Operator qualification will be achieved on completion
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Training will take place both online and in person
- Strode College will be managing the applications for this apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This may possibly lead to a permanent role for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Food and drink process operator
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.