Production Apprentice STIRLING DYNAMICS LIMITED
The successful candidate will be mentored by one of our highly experienced team members. To provide the apprentice with a wider appreciation of the product lifecycle, they will have the opportunity to work within the engineering and test departments as part of a rotation scheme.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday. 10.00am - 3.00pm Monday - Thursday, 10.00am - 12.30pm Friday. We offer flexible working hours. Half an hour lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
10 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings, schematics, and instructions
- Stacking and modifying PCBs
- Assembly/installation of various sensor types
- All wiring within the product
- Assembly of motors, gearboxes, mechanical mechanisms
- Assembly of frames and enclosures
- Completing build documentation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Electro-Mechanical Engineer Level 3 Pathway
- This standard aligns with the following professional recognition
- Incorporated Engineer (IEng) for IMechE
- This standard partially aligns with the following professional recognition
Incorporated Engineer (IEng) for Royal Aeronautical Society:
- After your first year your college days will be reduced to 1 a week
- End-point assessment
- You will be given some of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or Off the Job Training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor
- Assessor visits to the workplace once the workshops have finished to prepare you for your End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential for a full-time job offer, however this is not guaranteed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Design and Technology (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
About the employer
STIRLING DYNAMICS LIMITED
230 Bristol Business Park
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.