Early Years Apprentice WESSEX LEARNING TRUST
We are looking for an Apprentice EYFS Educator to support the Class Teacher and qualified EYFS team in our Preschool. Our Pre-School Class Teacher will need a proactive, supportive and calm Apprentice. We are seeking someone who will be kind, helpful and are able to help our children explore the learning environment and learn new skills.
Closing date: 29 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon- Fri (term time only) 8.30am to 3.30 pm daily
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of the Wessex Learning Trust, you will experience an excellent standard of professional development and benefit from shared practice across our WLT Preschools and First Schools
- To ensure that each child’s needs are recognised and met.
- To teach children, offering an appropriate level of support & stimulation
- To assist with the keeping of children’s records of achievements.
- To greet all children, their families, carers, and to offer reassurance to new families and support them in
- To always maintain a friendly yet professional relationship/approach with families/carers
- To complete required documentation/paperwork & forms
- To promote a stimulating, enabling & challenging environment for all children
- To help set-up the room for the daily programme and/or help tidy away at the end of the day
- To ensure that the nursery environment (within all communal areas and in children’s rooms) are kept, and
maintained, to a high standard of hygiene with regular sanitising and sterilising
- To advise the EYFS Lead of any concerns about children, parents, carers, other Staff, nursery environment, or
the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To maintain confidentiality regarding any information regarding children, their families, carers or other Staff
which is learned as part of the job inside or outside of the workplace
- To assist in promoting and developing multi-cultural awareness and anti-racist/sexist practice within the
- To follow all Nursery Policies & Procedures at all times
- To attend staff & planning meetings as required
- To attend in-service training courses & meetings as required
- To have respect for each other at all times
- To ensure that all College/Distant Learning is completed according to any set deadlines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards completing a Level 3 Early Years Educator
- All training will be delivered remotely by LMP Education, the employer will give you time out of your working week to focus on your qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The right candidate may be offered a full-time role after completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
WESSEX LEARNING TRUST
Cheddar First School
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.