A great opportunity to become a key person that will take a 75-year established printing machine manufacturer into the future. Full print training will be provided by our team of print and engineering experts. As part of your position you will assist with the preparation and running of live machine demonstrations to potential customers online and in person, you will also assist and learn how to produce new jobs for samples and machine demonstrations.
Closing date: 13 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn to become a Flexographic Printer/Machine Operator
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- To manage and maintain demonstration area in terms of equipment, material and consumable supplies
- Become competent in operating all equipment in the current Edale product range, understanding how to achieve the best quality product from each machine
- Preparation of and occasional requirement with conducting machine FATs and/or SATs resulting in successful machine sign-off
- Once fully trained carry out customer operator/print training and machine SATs both in the UK and overseas
- Assist with further development of commissioning documentation and processes to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the commissioning and testing phases
- To assist in the creation of video marketing material
- Provide occasional support at trade events in the UK and overseas
- Provide in-house training/support, as required, for any Edale personnel i.e. Service Engineers, Sales Engineers etc.
- To provide technical and print support where necessary
Other responsibilities to include:
- To ensure safe working methods are followed when carrying out all works, and that appropriate work instructions and risk assessments are provided before commencing work
- Carry out all tasks in accordance with ISO procedures
- Encourage a good team working culture throughout the organisation and build effective working relationships with all staff in all functions of the business
- Develop a full understanding of company procedures and directives to ensure that they are implemented correctly and be self-motivated in adopting continuous improvement philosophies.
- Follow the company’s Health and Safety and Environmental policies
- Perform any other task as may be reasonably required and consistent with the duties of the post
- To comply with Edale designated dress code when performing duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification obtained will be a Level 3 Print Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- The apprentice will be given sufficient time to undertake their "off-the-job" requirement of the apprenticeship during their working hours
- Throughout your time as an apprentice, you will be supported by both Edale and BPIF Training. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available
- Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your individual needs and business needs
- Most training and studying will be a combination of site-based and remote delivery
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be possibility of a full-time position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.