Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting! You will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. As a Paint Technician you will be responsible for carrying out repairs on vehicles. You must have the ability to carry out repairs to a high level of quality in set timescales.
Closing date: 12 Mar 2024
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
13 Mar 2024
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What you will do in your working day
Once the body repair technicians have worked on repairing the vehicle, it will then be your job to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at and superb future career prospects. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
The training you will be getting
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.