Apprentice Vehicle Damage Paint Technician PC Motors
Are you wanting to start your career in the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting! You will work as part of a highly skilled work force that is committed to quality. As a Paint Technician you will be responsible for carrying out repairs on vehicles. You must have the ability to carry out repairs to a high level of quality in set timescales.
Closing date: 12 Sep 2023
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
13 Sep 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Once the body repair technicians have worked on repairing the vehicle, it will then be your job to follow defined processes to restore the vehicle to a high-quality paint finish. Modern paints preparation and refinishing techniques are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today's paint technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology.
This is an unrivalled opportunity with excellent training at and superb future career prospects. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience whilst gaining on the job qualifications.
Tasks the successful candidate can be expected to carry out:
- Repair of minor scratches and dents
- Preparation of new and repaired panels for refinishing
- Preparing vehicle surfaces for masking and priming
- Paint refinishing techniques paint detailing
- Paint detailing and buffing
- Polishing the paintwork of the panel to a suitable finish
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy. The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice and guidance by monitoring progress through the use of electronic logbook which both employer and the apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
The apprentice will work towards the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage Paint Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English, if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a company we are committed to providing development and training opportunities to our employees
- This apprenticeship is the grounding for your future development and there are lots of opportunities to develop your career within our company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Vehicle damage paint technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.