Apprentice Building Services Engineer Ridge and Partners
Designing mechanical and electrical services, that bring buildings to life, reducing the energy they use and improving their environmental credentials. Supporting employees wellbeing at work. Creating world renowned facilities fit for the next century.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
16 years = £16,000 – £17,500 18 years = £17,500 – £19,000 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days volunteering leave, private healthcare, life assurance, pension scheme and a suite of voluntary benefits to choose from.
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the design of buildings across all sectors
- Undertaking ACAD and Revit draughting, co-ordinating layouts with the building
- Liaising with utility providers for new connections/dis-connections and diversions
- Supporting load calculations (gas, water and electricity)
- Selecting equipment to support the design philosophy
- Site visits with engineers to see designs in construction
- Site visits, with engineers, to see what exists and needs modification to suit new layout plans
- Internal design team meeting attendance
- Undertaking calculations for different elements of design (lighting, heating, air volumes, cooling)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 national diploma in building services engineering
- Level 3 building services engineering technician apprenticeship standard
- Level 2 functional skills in English and maths as required
You will attend Solihull College & University Centre (Solihull site) one day a year over two years.
You will also be visited in your workplace by an assessor/coach who will support you to develop a portfolio of evidence to meet the knowledge, skills and behaviours requirements.
The assessor/coach will also help prepare you for the CIBSE administered end point assessments at the end of your learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to continue and complete a degree. Become recognised by the engineering council as an Incorporated Engineer &/or chartered engineering status. Grow and expand knowledge to lead projects
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6 (B)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent One other subject (Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Ridge and Partners
Blythe Valley Park
SOLIHULL COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY CENTRE
0121 678 7178
Building services engineering technician 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.