Apprentice Gardener BAINLAND COUNTRY PARK LTD
You will be joining a small team of gardeners looking after a luxury lodge retreat site comprising of 45 acres of parkland. The park is open to the public and the highest standards are expected with the benefits of working at one of the leading luxury lodge retreats in the United Kingdom. Duties include pruning & planting and regular maintenance of grounds.
Closing date: 18 Jun 2023
Hourly rate - Aged 16-18 - £6.50/hour. Aged 19+ - £8.50 /hour
Monday to Friday between 8.00am to 4.30pm.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
09 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The successful applicant will be developing and maintaining the exterior grounds of our 45 acre site and will report to our Head Gardener/Supervisor. Daily duties will vary but will include:
- Pruning & weeding of established beds
- Mowing and strimming grounds and gardens
- Growing herbs and vegetables
- Estate maintenance including fencing and paving
- Developing and planning waterside planting on lakes and around estate
- Mechanical and chemical weed control
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Training will be delivered mostly in the workplace with an assessor coming to do work-based reviews, assessments and observations
- One day a week attendance will be required at Riseholme College to work towards the knowledge part of the apprenticeship and functional skills English and Maths if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to continue a permanent basis with further career/promotion prospects
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3 and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BAINLAND COUNTRY PARK LTD
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.