Technical Grower Apprenticeship TODDINGTON NURSERIES LTD
Toddington Nurseries is a member of the Farplants Group and is one of the largest suppliers of plants to Garden Centres in the UK. This position will involve all aspects of growing crops from Irrigation, Feeding, and Monitoring for P&D, Environmental Control and assisting with production and Quality Control to achieve the high standard.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£10,707.84 to £21,131.76
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Based on average 39hrs/Wk per Annum (Yr runs from Feb to Mar). Will include working Wkends. Have attached Work Rota summarising daily hrs through the year also showing months through the year where we have 2 shift teams.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
09 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- We are looking for an Assistant Technical Grower to help with all aspects of growing crops from Irrigation, Feeding, and Monitoring for P&D, Environmental Control and assisting with production and Quality Control for the company to achieve the high standard that our customers expect
- The candidate will be reporting directly to the Technical Managers and will be a vital member of the technical team
• Ensure crop operations (including watering, cultural work) are promptly and effectively carried out
• Undertake all crop protection tasks on a daily basis including bio-control, crop walks, monitoring etc.
• Maintain fertiliser stock in an orderly manner and keep appropriate records
• Maintain accurate crop records
• Ensuring you and any other staff members are working safely and comply with relevant legislation and established nursery procedures
• Ensure growing areas and crops are maintained in a tidy and orderly manner
• Ensure growing systems, equipment and facilities are maintained in a tidy and orderly manner and a safe and efficient working condition
• Ensuring batches are correctly labelled to the standard required by OHAS
• Undertake regular operator maintenance of all equipment used as scheduled
• Assist in the production of crops and despatch when work load demands
• Undertake any other nursery work when necessary, as directed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Awards in:
- Safe Use of Pesticides
- On completion of the pesticides foundation unit above also choose one of the following units:
- Boom sprayer, mounted, trailed or self-propelled equipment
- Granular applicator equipment
- Handheld applicator equipment
- Level 3 award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths (GCSE grade 4 or C or
above) will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Key grower, team leader, supervisory and management positions are all possible for the right person
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
TODDINGTON NURSERIES LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.