Panel Builder Apprentice MICHAEL SMITH SWITCHGEAR LTD
We are currently looking to recruit an apprentice Panel Builder/Wire Person who is enthusiastic, positive and can work with their own initiative. The role will consist of building and installing panels for clients. As an apprentice you would also be involved in commercial projects that are designed around panel building and modifications on site.
Closing date: 25 Jun 2023
Length of service increase holiday entitlement, profit-based bonus and appraisals annually.
Monday to Friday - 08:00 - 16:30.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Building and wiring switch panels for commercial buildings and
working to customer deadlines and expectations at all times
- Interpreting the drawing received from the engineer following
- Building the frame, mounting of boxes and fitting of switches
- Using copper and making up of switches and necessary wiring
required for the job i.e. metering
- To attend customer site to fit additional switches and metering at
- Carry out on site modifications as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Fitter Advanced Apprenticeship Standard:
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Awarding organization EAL; GLH 750, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organisation City and Guilds; 720 GLH, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the programme, the apprentice would be potentially offered a full-time position. This is contingent on all company guidelines being met.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MICHAEL SMITH SWITCHGEAR LTD
4 ELLAND ROAD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.