Nursery Nurse Apprentice Little Acorns Day Nursery
This role would suit somebody who is dedicated to gaining a qualification in childcare, somebody who is willing to learn on the job whilst training with children aged 0-5years. Duties include supporting children at mealtimes and providing stimulating activities considering children's abilities, interests, language and cultural backgrounds.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday - alternate weeks of lates and earlies. One week starting at 7.15am and one week finishing at 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
28 Jun 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Be part of a team that provides a purposeful, stimulating environment that is rich in learning opportunities, both indoors and outdoors.
Your role will include:
- Promote H&S & well-being of children
- Support child development; teaching, learning & play
- Provide stimulating activities taking into account children's abilities, interests, language & cultural backgrounds
- Be a role model & be able to showcase high quality practice with regards to individual & group work
- Preparation of snacks, clean equipment, putting bins out etc
- Support children at mealtimes & with care routines e.g., nappy changing & sleep times
- Build healthy bonds with children & families
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship
- Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications including First Aid
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once apprenticeship is successfully completed the hope would be to progress to securing a permanent position within the nursery.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Childcare (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
Little Acorns Day Nursery
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.