Horticulture Apprentice PRACTICALITY BROWN (HORTICULTURE) LIMITED
An exciting opportunity working full-time as a Horticulture Apprentice working for an established Instant Hedge and Tree nursery in the Iver area. The job will consist of a variety of tasks ranging from propagation, plant care and checking for pests and diseases.
Closing date: 12 Jan 2024
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
13 Jan 2024
04 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will do in your working day
Practicality Brown – Our Instant Hedge Nursery has an exciting opportunity working as a Full-Time Horticulture Apprentice in the Iver area. They are looking for employees who have a keen interest in Horticulture, take pride in their work, are motivated, reliable, hard working, and enthusiastic.
The job will consist of the following tasks amongst others:
- Assisting with containerising and establishing instant hedge bags on growing lines
- General plant care including irrigation system training
- Hedge trimming
- Checking for pests and diseases
- Possible forklift training
The training you will be getting
- Level 2 Horticulture Operative Apprenticeship
- Weekly day release into Berkshire College of Agriculture (BCA)
- Level 3 Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths & English if required
- Assessor visits to employer every 6-8 weeks
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Full-time role available upon successful completion of the apprenticeship at higher wage level.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Adjustments for experience
You could reduce your training time, or finish your apprenticeship faster, if you have relevant prior learning or experience. This could be relevant:
- qualifications, like an NVQ in a relevant field
- industry or sector experience
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
If your application is successful, you will have a chance to discuss your relevant prior learning or experience with your training provider and employer. You will all need to agree any adjustments to your training plan.
You should be prepared to show your competence, and evidence of relevant qualifications
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.