NVQ2 Hairdressing Apprenticeship SARAI HAIR & BEAUTY LIMITED
We are looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice for our busy salon in Crowthorne to learn the skills to become a Hairdressing Professional. You will carry out salon assistant duties whilst learning, working behaviours, consultation/client care, shampoo & conditioning, style & setting hair, cut and colour hair with qualified in house staff.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
5 days per week including Saturdays. 1 day off during the week. some shift work to cover evenings. Hours will be confirmed at interview.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
04 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Getting started as a Salon Assistant:
The more you know of the day to day running of the salon, the more it will benefit you as a stylist. Assistants should work closely with Sarah, your trainer, stylists and managers whenever needed. Be as ready as you can for a productive and successful day!
- Set up for the day, signage out
- Towels stocked up and folded, laundry started if required
- Shampoo and conditioner dispensers filled and all products on stylist stations, cleaned and filled if required
- Restroom checked for clean toilet and basins, soap, paper towels and toilet roll are all stocked up
- Clean gowns and coat cupboard
- Familiarise yourself with the days clients
- Overall salon cleanliness and organisation
During the day:
- Assists stylists with clients
- Welcome clients in reception to bring to the stylists
- Offering refreshments to the clients
- Shampoo and condition clients
- Towel dry hair, comb through and towel wrap. Always offer magazines and refreshments and make sure you make the stylist aware their client is ready
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation throughout the salon
- Sweeping hair
- Magazines tidy
- Wash and fold towels
- Clean section areas and back of stylist's chairs
- Colour bar area clean and tidy
- Washing up always done
- All shelving cleaned and stocked up
- Back wash area clean and tidy
- Be alert and make sure all stations are cleaned once the client has left the station
End of day:
- Rubbish bins and towel bins emptied
- Entire salon floor swept
- Each station cleaned and ready for the next day
- Staff room tidied
- Backwash areas cleaned and basins wiped
- Towels hung up
- Salon is ready for opening team the next morning
- All signage brought in
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training with the in-salon trainers and the UKTD trainer, to advance technical and creative skills. Each week on a Monday, you are required to bring in the appropriate models for your training programme. You will also have time booked out to see your UKTD trainers and key skills trainer to perform all the theory side and written exams. Homework will also be set.
Holding yourself accountable is vital in your success throughout this programme. Your own quest for knowledge and hands on practice cannot be stressed enough. It is vital that you are always prompt, professional, prepared with the right tools and have the mind-set and drive to excel in your practice.
There are two types of primary education: demonstrations and hands-on. During demonstration sessions you will need to observe and take notes. Hands-on sessions require that each assistant provide his or her own proper model for the exercise outlined on your Educational Schedule. Attending hands-on class without the suitable model will be considered ‘unprepared’ and this will make it hard for the salon trainers to focus and help your growth.
Understanding the constructive criticism, making notes and having the drive to perfect will be fundamental to your achievements. We are all here to learn, so if you are having trouble in specific areas, we are here to offer extra individual attention and guidance.
During the programme you will be assessed on each unit, followed by an End Point Assessment.
Training will be in house each week on Mondays.
You will achieve level 2 Hair Professional qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Future prospects are to become a fully qualified hair stylist. We give our team members the individual support, training and opportunities they deserve to successfully progress their careers to the highest level. Our welcoming, multi-award winning salon reflects the dynamic and vibrant spirit of the UK hair and beauty industry. We’re committed to promoting from within and ongoing education and training ensure the highest standards are delivered to our diverse clientele. Opportunities to do stage work, back stage work, competitions and photoshoots.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
About the employer
SARAI HAIR & BEAUTY LIMITED
175 - 176 High Street
UK TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.