Surgery Administrator Apprentice EAST HILL SURGERY
East Hill Surgery is looking to recruit a new Apprentice Administrator. Working within the NHS can be extremely rewarding but also very demanding at times so the applicant must have the ability to work under pressure. The apprentice must have a drive to learn and be proactive with a desire to learn the skills to advance in this career. You will be a answering the telephone and dealing with patients face to face.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
£5.80 plus membership to the NHS Pension.
Working Mon – Fri between the hours of 8am – 7pm but actual times at present are to be discussed and agreed. Some flexibility will be required for times of Annual Leave or to cover staff sickness.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be fully trained in all reception duties as well as administration duties which include:
- Answering the telephone
- Dealing with patients face to face
- Dealing with patient queries/questions
- Process daily mail, email and courier mail while maintaining confidentiality at all times
- Dealing with queries from other health care providers
- Scanning and coding of correspondence, document management via workflow
- End of month processes
- Dealing with prescription queries/questions
- Printing of records
- Promoting Friends & Family Test
- Assist with Qof (Quality & Outcomes Framework)
- Assist IIF (Investment & Impact Fund)
- Run weekly & monthly searches for recalls
- Registrations & Deductions of patients
- Assisting with HA Links
- Assisting the Admin Team Manager
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Apprenticeship, to include:
- Level 3 Diploma for Business Administrator
- Level 2 Knowledge Component
- Functional Skills (as required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A successful apprenticeship will lead to a permanent position being offered with the prospect of further funded training to allow the apprentice to extend their knowledge and further their career within Primary Care.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST HILL SURGERY
78 EAST HILL
ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.