Electrical Design and Technical Engineer Apprentice BRIGGS OF BURTON PLC
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your career as a project engineer apprentice with a well-established engineering company based in Burton. You will be involved in the design of electrical projects, electrical project surveys and the initialisation of electrical projects. You will be working closely with other members of the Electrical Engineering Team to support the department. Working with the team will increase your knowledge of Electrical Engineering, develop your skills and gain some valuable experience.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
05 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
What you will learn:
- Electrical design - Power
- Electrical design - Control and instrumentation
- MCC and PLC control panel design
- Equipment database & schedules - Instrumentation, IO, Plc hardware, ACAD, eplan, database
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- You will be expected to work towards the Engineering Technician Level 3 (Technical Support Pathway), with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression to HNC/HND
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
BRIGGS OF BURTON PLC
Briggs Of Burton Plc Briggs House
Burton On Trent
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.