Business Administration Apprenticeship INTERCLASS PLC
This is a unique and fruitful opportunity for the right candidate to work for an established Civil Engineering Contractor with a steady and committed career path. The role includes assisting in the logging and formation of tenders with the team formation of the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan, including developing traffic management plans, site layout plans in accordance with the team and legislative requirements to prepare COSHH assessments, in conjunction with the site managers and contract managers. Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements in conjunction with the site managers and contract managers. Liaise with the Contract Managers and Site Managers to assist in the requirements of the companies' Health and Safety Consultants .
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
To be confirmed with the employer.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Construction Assistant, you will work efficiently and effectively with the construction teams to help ensure that we maintain a quality service and product within budget and timescales for our clients.Predominately Head Office based on site visits as and when required throughout the Midlands Region.
- To aid in pre-construction requirements, including formation of relevant start-up packs for the teams
- To assist in the logging and formation of tenders with the team
- Formation of the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan including developing traffic management plans, site layout plans in accordance to the team and legislative requirements
- To prepare COSHH assessments inconjunction with the site managers and contract managers
- Prepare Risk Assessments and Method Statements in conjunction with the site managers and contract managers
- Liaise with the Contract Managers and Site Managers to assist in the requirements of the companies' Health and Safety Consultants
- Assist in any accident reporting and near misses, ensuring that all paperwork is completed and notification made with relevant parties and team
- Review drawings and specifications in consultation with the team to ensure that adequate information is available to carry out the works
- Submit Requests for Information to the Client/consultants where information is inadequate
- To log and update drawings and specifications as required and issue to the team
- To assist in the preparation of Procurement Schedules for subcontract and material requirements, indicating the latest order and required on-site dates
- To aid in the requisition of a plant from the Buyer/Contracts manager /Site manager
- Liaise with Clients/Client representatives, including Architects and Engineers, as necessary.
- When required, represent Interclass Construction Services Plc at site meetings. Prepare/contribute to progress reports as necessary
- To aid in the completion of work instructions, material and plant returns, time sheets etc
- Ensure that all paperwork is filed in good order and that construction drawings are maintained in good condition
- Protect the good name of Interclass Construction Services plc, and project a good image of the Company to clients and the general public
- To carry out other duties as required by the Site Manager/Contracts Manager/Director
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administration
- English and Maths Functional Skills if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be a possibility of a full-time position after successful completion of this apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HEATH MILL RD
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.