Workshop Technician Apprentice FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE (UK) LIMITED
We are the leading provider of dialysis services to the NHS, operating 52 partnership dialysis units that together provide regular dialysis treatment to over 3,800 NHS patients in the UK. We are looking to recruit a maintenance engineer to support with carrying out routine maintenance & repairs whilst working as a team to achieve relevant KPI's.
Closing date: 05 Aug 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 9.00am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Aug 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure that machinery is set up correctly to produce high quality products
- Carry out routine maintenance on machinery
- Carry out any necessary repairs to achieve high efficiencies
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to the standards required to operate at optimum levels to achieve customer driven production needs
- Identify problem areas in production, equipment and processes
- Investigate issues and determine appropriate remedial action
- Work as a team to achieve relevant KPI's
- Provide support for the customer and engineer helplines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence
- You will be expected to work towards the Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group
- You will also study towards the L3 Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
Training will be discussed at interview.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As a global company, we offer many opportunities to develop and build your career at Fresenius Medical Care
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or Above) Essential
About the employer
FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE (UK) LIMITED
Nunn Brook Road
Sutton In Ashfield
01246 500 500
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.