Finance Assistant Apprentice Blenheim Estate
Working in the Finance department you will be an assistant to the sales ledger team, purchase ledger team, cashier and management accounts team. Whilst you do not need previous accounting experience, preference will be given to applicants who can demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in accountancy.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
Salary will increase depending on the age of the candidate.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
31 Jul 2023
11 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Scanning/uploading purchase invoices to the approval system
- Assisting purchase ledger with supplier queries and reconciling
supplier statements - requesting copy invoices where needed
- Collecting and organising data and data entry for the sales ledger
- Raising sales invoices
- Assisting sales ledger with chasing debt
- Assisting with customer account applications and direct debit
- Assisting cashier
- Helping the finance team with additional ad hoc queries and reporting
- e-filing Finance Documents
- Cash remittances – Halloween and Christmas
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Day release during term time (approximately 1 day a week or 2 evenings for a year)
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours a week of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Maths
- AAT Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting
- Level 2 Accountants or Finance Assistant Apprenticeship
End Point Assessment:
- In-tray test
- Structured Interview
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further career and development prospects would be offered to the correct candidate if suitable.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
The Estate Office
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.