Apprentice Groundworker Chasetown Civil Engineering Ltd
Chasetown Civil Engineering are offering exciting Apprenticeship positions across the West Midlands area. You will gain a variety of skills to develop you in the Construction sector by experiencing site work with skilled and experienced mentors as well as attending Telford College to study the Groundworker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard. You will use and maintain power tools and equipment (including;. compactor plates, boning rods, portable power tools, levels, straight edges, lines, pins and laser equipment).
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
There will be a pay review after 6 months to look at increasing wage depending on performance and development
40 hours per week on day shifts. Working hours will vary depending on site. TBC
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
21 Aug 2023
04 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Conform with productive working practices and completing the work in accordance with the programme of work
- Interpret and follow verbal and written work instructions from supervisors and site managers
- Select the required resources including tools and fixtures
- Use and maintain power tools and equipment (including;. compactor plates, boning rods, portable power tools, levels, straight edges, lines, pins and laser equipment)
- Gauge and mix mortars and concrete by hand and by mixer
- Select and use basic setting out equipment including tape measures, levels, straight edges, lines and pins, boning rods and laser equipment under guidance of the supervisor
- Install, maintain and remove temporary protection and safety arrangements for the work area relating to barriers and temporary structures, including protection, safety notices and safety lighting
- Install and test basic drainage and ducting
- Transport and place, then compact and finish concrete to slabs/bases, footing oversights, paths, form slab edgings including positioning reinforcement and kerbs
- Install ironworks relating to access covers and frames, and gully grates and frames including preparatory brickwork
- Locate and excavate to expose buried utility services using electronic location instruments
- Form and reinstate excavations and surfaces to sub-grades, sub-bases and road bases
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Groundworker Level 2 Apprenticeship standard
- Mentor support
- Block release held at Telford College
- Assessor support via site visits
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This Apprenticeship will provide a great grounding for progression into various opportunities within the Company, including Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Site Management, Project Management and much more. For the right candidates, the Company will commit to supporting future learning to enable your progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2 / E) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Chasetown Civil Engineering Ltd
2 Church Lane
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.