Apprentice Fabricator Welder TOUCHLINE FABRICATIONS LTD
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Fabricator/Welder based in Preston. Touchline Fabrications limited was formed in Preston in 1982 and is an established business with an excellent reputation in structural steelwork and this is an attractive proposal for a potential candidate who wishes to have a future in a successful employee driven company.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Thursday 8am to 5pm Friday - 8am to 2pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Touchline Fabrication LTD is looking for a highly motivated individual, with some knowledge and understanding of welding and steel fabrication. The successful candidate will
have good time keeping skills to work alongside our team carrying out welding and fabrication tasks along with other tasks as required
Your role includes but not subject to:
- Welding and fabricating structural steel, including large columns and beams.
- Working safely in a busy working environment
- Communicating with other employees and steelwork engineers
- Cleaning up after each task
- Working both inside the workshop and outside the workshop in different weather conditions.
- Preparing the machinery ready for inspections and repairs
- Identifying different tools, machinery, materials including nuts and bolts
- Fabricating steel plates, baskets, beams, columns etc
- Good English skills to complete worksheets and time-sheets
You will be on your feet most of the day. This job involves heavy lifting
You will get mucky. This is not a clean job
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be working towards completing the Metal Fabricator Standard which will include the following:
- L3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- L3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional skills in English, Maths and ICT (if not already achieved).
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Engineers work in high-tech, dynamic environments using state of the art equipment. They are inventors, designers and problem solvers, people who make a difference to the way we live. As a trained professional you can be offered the possibility of full-time employment within the engineering sector.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Science (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent ICT (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TOUCHLINE FABRICATIONS LTD
RED SCAR IND EST
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.