Apprentice Teaching Assistant J3261 SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
We have an excellent opportunity to join a primary school as an Apprentice Teaching Assistant. Under the supervision of the class teacher, you will undertake a range of directed activities to support the educational and developmental needs of pupils.
Closing date: 07 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.45pm with a one hour break for lunch between 12noon and 1pm - School Term time only
Total hours per week: 31.25
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Helping with schoolwork under the supervision of the teacher
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions
- Carrying out a child's care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Recognising when children are upset and comforting them
- Looking after children's physical needs
- Keeping accurate records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship standard consists of:
- Functional Skills maths and English (if required)
- Technical competencies
- Technical knowledge and understanding
- Underpinning skills, attitudes and behaviours
- End point assessment
You will learn through a mainly work based route. Your Diploma will be delivered within the workplace with fortnightly sessions at the training provider premises.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you will complete an endpoint assessment (EPA) which consists of a practical observation, Q&A and a Professional Discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progression into a full-time position and wage increase as well as further training within a supportive environment on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 to 9 (A* to C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTH WEST APPRENTICESHIP COMPANY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.