Baking and Sales apprenticeship Ong Ong Buns
Love baking and dreaming of it as a full-time job? We are looking for people to serve customers, bake and curate a store menu as we grow as part of your Apprenticeship position you will get to know how to adjust the dough to a changing environment and water content caused by different fillings and on a day to day basis you will also serve customers. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
£13,041.60 to £25,737.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Sunday - Thursday, 12.00pm - 10.30pm
Total hours per week: 47.5
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
14 Jul 2023
04 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Select, prepare/set-up and use equipment and machinery.
- Clean and check tools and equipment
- Monitor materials/stock levels and controls for example, first in first out, temperature and environment
- Receive and store materials/stock from external suppliers and/or internal stores
- Store finished goods
- Package and label bakery products for example, allergens.
- Comply with health & safety, food safety, environmental procedures, PPE, hygiene and method statements
- Clean and tidy work area. Dispose of waste and recycle.
- Communicate verbally for example, with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Record information - paper based or electronic
- Identify bakery product problems/faults and underlying causes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful applicant will work towards the Baker Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- It's an 18 months course and you will have one training day a week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Led a team of Front of House and Bakers on a given day
- Help with menu design
- Be the head baker of their branch of Ong Ong Buns
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Ong Ong Buns
35 SEVEN DIALS MARKET
35 EARLHAM STREET
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.