Metal Fabricator apprentice Bomford Turner
Great opportunity to develop a Welding career in a global manufacturing company with a passion of new innovations. Once you have successfully completed the apprenticeship with HWGTA you will be offered progression and the chance to be at the forefront of new exciting developments.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday: 9.00am - 4.00pm - FE Tuesday - Thursday, 8.30am - 4.30pm and Friday, 8.30am - 3.15pm At company: Monday - Thursday, 7.00am. - 3.00pm and Friday, 7.00am - 2.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
04 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Fabricates components by analyzing requirements; welding parts
- Develops welding projects by analysing work orders, prints and completed assembly; calculating requirements, studying metals, determining approporiate welding techniques
- Collects equipment and materials by studying specifications and component requirements; order supplies and gases
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.Documents actions by completing records
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining suppliers; performin preventive maintenance; calling for repairs as necessary
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Comply with all Company and Health & Safety procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Formal training is delivered at HWGTA, located in Worcester (WR4 9GN)
- You will receive a training plan that is specific to your qualification, with sessions that are delivered through a combination of face-to-face and remote - Engineering Metal Fabricator Level 3
- Additional training for functional skills in English and maths will be undertaken if required
- Within year 2 onwards you will receive monthly visits from your assigned Learning and Development Specialist, who will set you work, monitor your development and wellbeing, and discuss training sessions
- They will also prepare you for your End Point Assessment to gain your Engineering qualification. There is also a five-day teambuilding residential trip that is held in spring of each year
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After sucessfully completing the apprenitceship you will be a fully qualified Metal fabricator, and will be offered the position in our welding team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Alamo Group Europe Limited
Station Road Salford Priors
HEREFORDSHIRE AND WORCESTERSHIRE GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION LIMITED
Donna Harper Edwards
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.