Medical Receptionist Apprentice Administrator DR INDER JEET SINGH
We are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to join our administration team. You will have great communication skills and be confident when dealing with others. Working as part of a friendly team, you will have a varied role to help the business run smoothly. Answer telephone within 3 rings, ensure patient journey runs smoothly and to use EMIS to ensure efficiency of appointment system.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
£5.50 for 16-18 years old £6.50 for 19+
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 6.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure that patients without appointments but who need an “urgent consultation” are seen in a logical and non-disruptive manner
- Explain practice arrangements and formal requirements to new patients and those seeking temporary cover; ensure procedures are completed
- Advise patients of relevant charges for private services, accept payment and issue receipts for same where required
- Respond to all queries and requests for assistance from patients and other visitors
- Ensure that requests for repeat prescriptions are actioned properly
- Ensure waiting and reception areas are kept neat and tidy.
- To action tasks in a timely – ensure all actions are completed
Respond and action practice emails
- Scan all correspondence onto the computer as per guidelines and attach to individual patient record accurately
- Sort this correspondence into data entry or filing
- Coding appropriately
- Open, stamp and sort post and direct to correct recipient
- Book appointments and recalls efficiently ensuring medical record is accessed
- Full training will be given
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard:
Units included in the programme include:
- The Organisation
- Business Fundamentals
- Decision Making
- Project Management
- Managing Performance
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position within the organisation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade C/4 or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DR INDER JEET SINGH
3 Swiss Cottages
WOODSPEEN TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.