Machine Operative Apprentice BELMONT PACKAGING LIMITED
A fantastic opportunity for an apprentice to operate under the tuition of a skilled Machine Operator, initially a EMBA cardboard converter. The ultimate goal is to become a fully skilled Machine Operator with a good understanding of the corrugated cardboard sector, whilst working towards a qualification in Lean Manufacturing.
Closing date: 12 Jun 2023
£5.28 per hour initially, rising to £7 per hour after completion of the first year of apprenticeship (or national minimum wage for age group). 4-day working week. Workplace pension and profit share bonus available.
Monday to Thursday 07.00 to 17.00. 4 day working week. Shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
04 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operating, setting, and programming our EMBA machine
- Be under the supervision of a skilled Machine Operator, learning all the daily tasks involved in the set up of the machine tool setting and programming
- Learning about materials and the general set up of the machine - Learning all 3 parts of the EMBA machine, the feed, the operating and the outfeed/palletisation.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the qualification achieved will be a Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard, including a Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing.
- Throughout your journey you will be supported by both Belmont Packaging and the BPIF. You will be assigned a training coordinator to ensure that you have the best training available. Training requirements will be discussed at the point of employment to suit your own development and the business needs.
- Most training and studying will be a combination of site-based and remote delivery.
- Candidates who do not have the required level of maths and/or English will be required to complete Functional Skills as part of their apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship, you will potentially have the opportunity to progress into full time positions within the business, becoming a multi skilled operator maximising earning potential.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
BELMONT PACKAGING LIMITED
3 Ormside Close
Hindley Industrial Estate
BPIF TRAINING LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.