Apprentice Childcare Practitioner Level 3 CALVERLEY VILLAGE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
Calverley Village Day Nursery is looking for an individual who is keen to start/continue in the childcare sector. Are you interested in looking after children and wish to gain a professional qualification and valuable experience in a friendly environment? This opportunity is for an individual wishing to progress their career in childcare.
Closing date: today
Performance increases will be implemented if the learner is demonstrating commitment and dedication to the job role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
7.30am and 6.00pm, Monday - Friday. May involve some occasional weekend work. 16-18 years old will not work over 8 hours per day. Off the Job training will be given through the working week in the workplace.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
05 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Be able to work well in a team
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, fundraising events etc
- To ensure high standards in all aspects of care and development in line with the EYFS for all children attending the nursery
- To organise resources for activities and experiences in the nursery
- To assist in enhancing the developmental progress in children
- To implement the daily routine within the nursery
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness and good housekeeping
- To maintain a thorough knowledge of all the Nursery’s policies and procedures; ensuring that they are followed and respected
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours). This will be delivered in the workplace. Off the Job training will be given, 6 hours per week to complete all the necessary training
The Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator) forms part of the Early Years Pathway of the Advanced Apprenticeship Standard for the Children and Young People’s workforce. Within this standard you will also complete:
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid
End point assessment (EPA) - which will comprise of two activities:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio-based professional discussion with an EPA external assessor
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery with a pay rise
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
CALVERLEY VILLAGE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
THE OLD VICARAGE
2 TOWN GATE
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.