Apprentice Property Maintenance Operative GAK DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
G.A.K Developments are looking for their next long-term employee to join them in developing a number of high-end properties. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work on all trades and will gain vast experience in all aspects of construction. The role includes maintaining grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering, understanding and demonstrating the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry and carrying out repairs and reactive maintenance.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday-Friday between 8.00am-5.00pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Comply with organisational safety, policies and procedures and identify hazards and reduce them
- Understand and demonstrate the importance of working safely at height
- Carry out repairs to the fabric of a building, for example repairs to walls, doors, doorframes, skirting boards or plaster damage to internal walls
- Understand and maintain plumbing and drainage systems, for example repairs to WC systems, leaking taps or water testing and unblocking drains
- Understand and maintain electrical distribution, safe repair of electrical installation to legal requirements, for example replacing damaged sockets, plugs, lighting and fuses
- Understand and maintain plant, safety systems and equipment.
- Understand and maintain grounds and external fabrication of a building, such as drainage and guttering
- Understand and demonstrate the safe use of hand tools, for example screwdrivers, power drills, pliers, paper strippers and a variety other tools used in plumbing and carpentry
- Carry out repairs and reactive maintenance
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards your Apprenticeship Standard in Property Maintenance Operative Level 2
- Training will be held as day release at Lincoln College Campus
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This employer may offer full-time employment as a multi-skilled operative on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*/9 – D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
GAK DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
G.A.K Developments Limited
18 Lincoln Road
Learner Engagement Team
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.