Early Years Apprentice KATIES CHEEKY MONKEYS LIMITED
Katie's Cheeky Monkeys are looking to recruit an outgoing individual to become their new apprentice. The Apprentice will be involved in all aspects of caring for and helping with the development of children under the age of 5. This is an ideal opportunity for a candidate with a genuine interest in the academic and social development of children.
Closing date: 04 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
3 Days per week Monday - Friday 7.45am - 5.15pm.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Plan and supervise activities which are based around the needs and interests of each individual child
- Take part and supervise outdoor learning activities
- Support children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Observes each child and shapes their learning experience to reflect the observations
- Meet the care needs of each child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine when necessary
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
- Encourage children’s participation in activities
- Support children to manage their own behaviour in relation to others
- Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to the role and safe running of the setting
- Any other duties that ensure the smooth running of the business such as keeping areas clean and tidy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
- A bespoke programme of technical and vocational training
- Functional skills in Maths and English* if applicable
The successful candidate will be assigned a dedicated work based trainer who will provide support and guidance throughout the course.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent contract upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship and further enhanced industry-based training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
KATIES CHEEKY MONKEYS LIMITED
30 STALLINGBOROUGH ROAD
0800 012 6656
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.