Apprentice ICT Technician SHERBORNE SCHOOL
One of England’s oldest schools, with some of the latest technology. Come and be a part of the ICT Services team and enjoy working and learning with us. The role will include delivering efficient operation and control of the IT equipment/systems.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm all year round.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
17 Jul 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Checking the cloud based Antivirus platform for non-compliant devices and escalating any anomalies to our team of technicians
- Assisting our 1st line support technician with monitoring of helpdesk requests
- Checking the computer suites and fleet of exams laptops to ensure all are maintained and in constant good working order
- Working on site with Infrastructure, Systems and Service technicians to learn about what goes on behind the scenes of the school’s ICT services provisions
- Assisting boys with onboarding BYOD devices to the school’s wi-fi and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- Supporting staff with classroom-based technology (Interactive Panel, Surface, Dock, etc.)
- Supporting staff with setting up for presentations
- Assisting with the daily print jobs in reprographics and ensuring the copiers around the school sites have an adequate stock of consumables and stationery
- Assisting with numerous other aspects of supporting the school with the use technology
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training is delivered 100% in the workplace with regular meetings with a Yeovil College Assessor. This training will teach you the knowledge, skills and behaviours set out in the Information Communications Technician standard. On completion the apprentice will receive Information Communications Technician Level 3 qualification. Functional Skills in maths and English may also be required depending on current level.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, progression onto a Level 4 IT apprenticeship with another employer would be a natural progression.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.