Apprentice Early Years Educator Level 3 at Happy Days Nurseries HAPPY DAYS SOUTH WEST LIMITED
Happy Days is an established provider of nursery childcare in the south west. We provide a calm and innovative environment; designed using neutral colours to promote concentration and provide a strong learning environment that is not over stimulating and distracting.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday Between 8.00am - 6.00pm. Exact hours tbc. Occasional weekend events and ad-hoc meetings/training. Attend college 1 day per week - Filton Campus Year 1 - National Apprentice Wage - Year 2 - Age related NMW
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take apart with day-to-day learning and play activities. We are looking to inspire the future careers of Early Years apprentices.
- Working with children between the ages of 0-5 years, organising activities, being pro-active
- Assisting and meeting the personal/emotional needs of individual needs of individual children - Changing nappies, feeding, caring and establishing a relationship with children
- Work (under supervision) providing all aspects of care/support to children, ensuring they take apart with day-to-day learning and play activities
- Ensure that the setting is safe, clean and well-presented
- Collaborate with colleagues ensuring the highest standards of work are carried out and are provided throughout your role in a positive manner
- To contribute to high-quality caring environment for children, this includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities
- Attend team meetings and contribute relevant ideas
- Being able to understand and implement the setting's confidentiality policy
- Contribute towards an effective and supportive team environment
Do you have the enthusiasm and passion for working in childcare, whilst gaining a Department of Education Early Years qualification?
Are you looking for a role whereby you will be mentored and supported along the way?
Would you like to be part of our team creating a safe and stimulating environment for our children, in line with the EYFS and Happy Days ethos?
If you answered yes to the above, then you are one step closer to joining the Happy Days family.
- Committed to entering a career in childcare and completing the qualifications needed to achieve this?
- Able to interact with young children and understand child development?
- Confident to ask for help and guidance, listen to instruction and carry out requests with regards to all aspects of the nursery?
- Able to communicate with a wider range of people, including colleagues and parents?
- If you are hardworking, self-disciplined in appearance and manner, have a friendly nature with a positive outlook we would like to hear from you.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices must successfully complete a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification. Please refer to the DfE list of approved EYE qualifications:
Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking their end point assessment.
For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeships English and maths minimum requirements are Entry Level 3, and the British Sign Language qualification is an alternative to English qualifications for apprentices for whom this is their primary language.
Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework (Annex A): Early years foundation stage (EYFS) statutory framework - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).
You will be required to complete Functional Skills mathematics and English (where applicable), Employment Rights and Responsibilities and British Values.
Training will include Pediatric first aid qualification.
Location: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College -Filton Campus
Duration: 18-24 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There is a possibility of permanent employment on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HAPPY DAYS SOUTH WEST LIMITED
Almondsbury Business Centre, Woodlands
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.