Production Operator Apprentice ZENTIA LIMITED
Reporting to the shift supervisor, provides support to the production team, assisting with the production of ceiling tiles in line with specifications and quality standards and operating machinery throughout the production process, following safety and PPE requirements at all times.
Closing date: 09 Jun 2023
There will be 6 monthly increases built in through to the end of the 18-month period, Lump sum of 2% of salary paid each December, increasing to 4% after 10 years and 5% after 20 years. Bonus: 5% based on achievement of company targets
39 Hours per week on a 12 hour rotating shift. Hours to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Key processes and duties:
- Required to complete the required academic and practical training requirements of the apprenticeship
- Gain hands on operational experience by working closely with the Production team receiving ongoing support and training from experienced production operators and supervisors
- Working on a complex production line made up of job roles that each play a key part in the process of producing ceiling tiles. Eventually becoming a highly skilled operator on allocated job roles
- Carry out quality inspection work to ensure products are to the highest standard
- Operating machinery throughout the production process, following safety and PPE requirements at all times
- Assist with deep cleaning, packing, data input of production information, manual handling of materials and products, and use of FLT (following completion of training)
- Learning to fault find on machinery and follow escalation process for faults to minimise line stoppages
- Participate and encourage a proactive safety environment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will work towards the Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Standard which includes the Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing Knowledge and Skills Mandatory Qualification and attend Gateshead College once a month
- You will work towards Level 1 Functional Skills Maths and English if you do not already hold these qualifications and will also need to attempt Level 2 Maths and English if you do not already hold them
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression to advanced apprenticeship / full time employment following successful completion of your apprenticeship with a salary of circa £25,000 in the first instance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Kingsway South Team Valley
Tyne & Wear
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.