Apprentice MET Technician REFUSE VEHICLE SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Are you interested in joining the automotive industry? S&B are recruiting! If you are a team player, then this may just be the job for you. A Vehicle Damage MET Technician works in the vehicle body repair sector of the motor industry. The role is to identify damaged mechanical and electrical components on a damaged vehicle.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
24 Oct 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We currently have an opening for an apprentice Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician (MET). The role is demanding as the successful applicant will be working on a range of vehicles while learning their trade to a nationally recognised standard.
Modern cars are becoming increasingly complex, and it is essential that today’s MET Technicians are fully conversant with the most recent technology. Our Mechanical, Electrical and Trim Technicians work methodically to return customer vehicles to factory standards, diagnosing and fixing faults and distributing work as required to other specialists.
- Removing and refitting body trims and panels
- Removing and refitting Components
- Accessing and removing damage components
- Carry out vehicle diagnostics
- Carry out vehicle suspension alignment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training is delivered in the workplace and via six one-week college blocks per year at S&B Automotive Academy.
The apprentice will be assigned a workplace mentor and a college mentor who will offer support, advice, and guidance by monitoring progress through an electronic logbook which both employer and apprentice will have access to 24/7 365 days a year.
As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
- Level 3 Vehicle Damage M.E.T Technician
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths & English (if not already achieved)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We are committed to providing you with all the support and training you need to gain your level 3 qualification and to develop your career further with us as a skilled Mechanical Electrical Trim Technician
- As a company we love to help our employees by encouraging them to undertake further training to open even more career opportunities, perhaps in management
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
S & B AUTOMOTIVE ACADEMY LIMITED
Vehicle damage mechanical, electrical and trim (MET) technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.