Accounts Apprentice (Level 3) PKF Smith Cooper
Are you looking to kick-start your career in Accountancy with a company that will invest in you and reward hard work? Multi-award winning, Top 11 firm, PKF Smith Cooper has a great opportunity for an Accounts Apprentice to join their highly regarded team in Ashbourne. The role will involve bookkeeping for clients, accounts preparation and more...
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
Salary regularly reviewed throughout apprenticeship and increased on the successful passing of each examination.
Monday - Friday, 8:45am till 5:15pm, with a 1-hour lunch break.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting the accounts team with preparation of statutory accounts for sole traders, partnerships, and companies
- Assisting in the completion of bookkeeping with a view to producing regular management accounts for clients
- Assisting with the preparation of VAT returns and payrolls to ensure that timetables are met
- Assisting other members of the accounts team with administration tasks as required
- Maintaining good relationships with clients
The list of duties above is not intended to be exhaustive but gives a general indication of the tasks involved for this position. It is the nature of the Firm that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 3 Assistant Accountant apprenticeship standard includes 6 AAT exams, in addition to the Synoptic Assessment as part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process.
The knowledge units will be delivered at the EMA training hub in Derby or Nottingham (depending on apprentices’ location) through day release.
AAT Modules are as follows:
- Bookkeeping Transactions (L2 Unit)
- Bookkeeping Controls (L2 Unit)
- Advanced Bookkeeping
- Final Accounts Preparation
- Management Accounting: Costing
- Indirect Tax
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of your Level 3 Apprenticeship, PKF Smith Cooper will look to progress you onto Level 4 so you can be fully AAT qualified. There will then be further opportunities for you to complete higher level accountancy accreditations within the workplace.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
PKF Smith Cooper
7 Compton Street
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.