Apprentice Teaching Assistant Level 3 The Gorse Academies Trust
Richmond Hill Academy seeks to appoint two enthusiastic and creative teaching assistants to work with the teachers and the wider school community to support and develop our children, particularly those with special educational needs. This is an exciting opportunity for confident and enthusiastic individuals to enter a career in education support. Assisting in the management of pupils in the learning environment.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2023
Term time only plus 5 days £7678.00 per annum
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday 32.5 hours per week Term Time only + 5 days 6.5 hours each day. Start and end times to be agreed but within school working day.
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
05 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting in the management of pupils in the learning environment
- Assisting in the planning of learning activities
- Administering routine tests, invigilate exams and undertake routine marking of pupils' work
- Undertaking structures and agreed learning activities/teaching programmes appropriate to the pupil's needs to ensure physical, social, emotional and intellectual development, taking into account diversity e.g. language, culture, ability, race and religion
- Supervising and supporting pupils' consistently at all times including those with special needs; recognising and responding to their individual needs whilst ensuring their safety and education in the learning environment
Demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Demonstrate a commitment to working with children of the relevant age
- Demonstrate good co-operative, interpersonal and effective listening skills
- Maintain confidentiality in matters relating to the school, its pupils, parents or carers
- Ability to perform all duties and tasks with reasonable adjustments where necessary
- Ability to cope with the requirements of the post, which will include working with pupils who have emotional / behavioural / physical difficulties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards the Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours)
As a workbased training provider Aire Vocational Training will provide an exciting individually designed training programme to meet your needs and those of your employer, combining theory with hands on practical experience to ensure you develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours that are relevant to your role.
Our programme has a particular focus on understanding local SEND provision.
You will be supported with maths and English at level 2 (if not already achieved)
You will be supported with and prepared for the end point assessment by EPA Plus which will comprise of:
Followed by Q and A
Professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence
You will be allocated 'Off the Job' Training hours per week(Minimum of 6 hours) to complete the Teaching Assistant Standard. Time will be given in your working week in the school setting.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be able to apply for a position within the Academy, subject to successful completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Gorse Academies Trust
Richmond Hill Academy
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.