Sheet Metal Worker Apprentice DYNAMIC AEROSPACE FABRICATIONS LTD
Sheet metal manufacture is a technical role involving the manipulation of metal to produce complex parts and assemblies to customer specifications. The opportunity to develop skills in the effective programming, set-up and use of CNC controlled equipment enables the production of precision components for a range of customers and sectors.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2023
Monday to Thursday, 7.00am until 4.00pm Friday, 7.00am until 3.00pm
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
09 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Carry out a variety of technical operations using a range of advanced manufacturing techniques and equipment, to manufacture precision customer products and assemblies
- Gain and develop skills and knowledge within the Sheet Metal industry using a variety of CNC and traditional techniques to produce a high quality product
- Take pride in their work, being able to say with confidence that it is a quality product from a world-class manufacturing facility
- As an Apprentice with Dynamic Aerospace Fabrications Ltd, you will be guided and supported in every aspect of your role. Mentoring is provided to ensure your learning journey is as efficient as possible
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Metal fabricator Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Working in partnership with Chesterfield College, Dynamic Aerospace Fabrications Ltd are able to deliver the required qualifications to meet the Apprenticeship Standard and deliver the majority of the apprenticeship here on site with one day a week spent at college, which is based in Derby
- Employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible further study at Higher Apprenticeship and to specialise in knowledge within the Sheet Metal Section and to develop and expand skills and knowledge learnt
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 9 to 5 or A* to C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 9 to 5 or A* to C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Engineering (Grade 9 to 5 or A* to C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DYNAMIC AEROSPACE FABRICATIONS LTD
Dynamic Aerospace Fabrications LTD
10A Sills Road, Willow Farm Business Park, Castle Donnington
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.