Ford Light Vehicle Apprentice - Witney Kernahan Service
An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to work alongside qualified technicians where you will be fully trained in all aspects of maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Monday - Saturday 8.30am - 5.30pm. If Saturday is worked, you will get a day off during the week.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Vehicle Maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Car technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician (Light Vehicle) apprenticeship standard
- Not only will Apprentices be working and be trained within the garage they will attend a Kia approved college to work towards achieving their L3 Standard in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair plus Functional Skills (if required)
- A skills coach will visit at least every 28 days as part of a close support network to ensure that Apprentices are both enjoying and succeeding in their course
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A possible full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within the specific interests they may have, progressing through their dealership and be an asset to Ford Motor Group.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.