Steel Fabricator Apprentice ADEY STEEL LIMITED
At Adey Steel you can build your career in metal fabrication. Through an approved apprenticeship learning programme, to learn all relevant aspects of fabrication and welding to produce fabricated steel items and products to customer specifications and order requirements.
Closing date: 03 Jul 2023
In April 2023 the minimum apprentice pay rate will be going up to £5.28. This will increase the salary to £10,707.84.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Thursday 07:15am to 16:15pm. Friday 07:15am to 12:15pm.
Total hours per week: 39.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Prepare the working area, equipment, consumables and materials for setting out the components to be marked for drilling, cutting, welding or bending
- Produce good quality fabricated components for the use in structural and other fabricated steelwork
- Complete and dimensionally check the finished fabrication ready for inspection and report into the production control system
- Ensure that health and safety requirements are fully accounted for in all the above
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Metal fabricator Level 3
- Understand the main powered equipment used in steelwork fabrication (grinder, saw, drill, punch, guillotine, gas cutting equipment)
- Understand the main non powered hand tools used in steelwork fabrication (hammer, square, scriber, measuring tape, chalk, trammel)
- Understand the common component names section descriptions (beam, column, channel, plate, round hollow, square hollow, angle)
- Be aware of the basic material grades and various sizes of materials used
- Know the basics of quality documents and reporting systems
Other mandatory qualifications: Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) - Level: 3 Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) - Level: 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full time role available at the end of the programme on successful completion of the apprenticeship programme
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Free parking on site
- Annual health surveillance
- Great learning environment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
About the employer
ADEY STEEL LIMITED
11 Adey Square Falcon Ind
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.