Fabrication/Welder Apprentice TEW ENGINEERING LIMITED
We are on the outlook for ambitious career focused individual to join our fabrication team. Apprentice will work towards gaining a nationally recognised Engineering Apprenticeship qualification through a combination of ‘on-the-job’ and formal college learning. The training will be across a variety of skills and disciplines.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday – Thursday 07:30 – 16:00 and Friday 07:00 - 13:00
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
• Cutting, drilling, shaping and preparing METAL materials during fabrication activities using manual and power tools, thermal and laser cutting, as required calculating dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments/equipment.
• Interpret technical drawings, patterns, templates and specifications to mark out, produce and assemble complex fabricated products to meet the required specification and quality requirements.
• Through attendance of an external institution, complete a program of training culminating in a nationally recognized qualification.
• Work alone and as part of team within the different areas of the Fabrication function to aid with business needs, whilst building knowledge and experience in the same disciplines.
• Gain an appreciation of the processes and practices of the adjoining functions that are customers of the Fabrication group to understand the deliverables required.
• Develop productive working relationships with colleagues across the business.
• Carry out such tasks and duties as directed by line manager, other departmental and functional managers as deemed required to aid competency and experience in support of the apprenticeship program.
• Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at all times and ensure that all applicable Health and Safety requirements are observed.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Metal Fabricator apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
This programme includes Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) Diploma L3 CG.
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
About the employer
TEW ENGINEERING LIMITED
6 The Midway
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.