Childcare Apprentice HEADSTART LTD
Gaining a full understanding of the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery. You will be a key member of the early years team, responsible for delivering high quality care and education for all children based on their individual needs and interests.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
The NMW for apprentices is paid for 16-18 year olds. If over 18, then after your first year apprenticeship your pay will increase to NMW according to your age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday. Shifts to be agreed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
03 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Ensure that privacy and confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Answering the phone and making calls
- To maintain a 100% organised filing system of paper work and computer files
- Taking, logging and safe storage of monies
- Speaking and emailing to parents with regards to payment, statements and invoices
- Risk assessments of the office area
- Ensuring that toilet and all office areas are kept clean, replenished and tidy (to remind cleaner in some instances)
- Ensure that all staff, visitors and work trials sign in and out of the building
- Ensure that the staff, visitors and work trial logins are taken out during a fire
- Filing, updating ELAS and staff timesheets
- General office duties, creating documents, photocopying and laminating
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Managers and directors
- Organising checklists for children and staff
- Knowledge of MS package
- To have knowledge and a qualification in Mathematics to learn our accounts system
- To chase debtors over the phone, email and sms
- To update the management in order to place an order for any inventory required
- Handle customer queries and collect payments for nursery fees
- The candidate should be willing to handle any ad hoc responsibility as and when required by the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
- Functional skills (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To gain the level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification and progress to the level 3 Early Years Educator qualification.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
126 EAST FERRY ROAD
WALTHAM FOREST CHAMBER OF COMMERCE TRAINING TRUST LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.