Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship at Taunton Opportunity Group, Taunton THE TAUNTON OPPORTUNITY GROUP
We are looking to recruit an Early Years Educator Apprentice to join our team to provide the highest quality learning experiences and support that will enable each child attending Taunton Opportunity Group to achieve their full potential.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
This role is term time only and therefore the advertised salary is pro-rata based on the term-time only nature of this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 9.00am - 12.30pm, Thursday 9.00am - 2.30pm.
Total hours per week: 22.0
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We provide the highest quality learning experiences and support that enables each child attending TOG to achieve their full potential, we recognise that this will be different for each individual child and celebrate each child’s achievements whether they are small steps forward in their development or bigger ones. We aim to achieve this by providing a rich, stimulating environment where children are supported by skilled adults who have excellent child development knowledge, where the children feel safe and secure, and we have good relationships with our parents.
Duties will include:
- Being committed to TOG’s Aims, Policies and Procedures ensuring that the welfare requirements of the EYFS are implemented to an exemplary standard
- Ensuring all children are kept safe and secure in a warm environment
- Contributing to a positive ethos and philosophy that is fundamental to TOG by supporting all children to achieve and to be warmly welcoming, helpful and empathetic to parents and carers
- Providing appropriate play, communication and learning opportunities for children with special needs following the principles of the EYFS, statutory framework and SEND code of practice
- Being committed to supporting the families of the children who attend TOG
Appointed staff will need to be able to lift children, chairs, play equipment etc, following safe systems of work and will be required to play on the floor and at a child’s level.
You will be required to work as part of a Team, working with colleagues, children, parents, carers, professionals, volunteers, visitors, and TOG’s Management Committee.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills in English and maths is required
- Paediatric First Aid
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge Test and Professional Discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Universal communication and SENco training will be provided once Level 3 is achieved.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE TAUNTON OPPORTUNITY GROUP
Taunton Opportunity Group
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.