Engineering Apprenticeship COVE INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISES LTD
At Cove we seek hardworking reliable individuals to join our team. You will learn the necessary skills to use a full range of tools assisting engineers throughout the manufacturing process in custom-metalwork engineering and electro-mechanical integration. An apprenticeship at Cove is the beginning of an exciting career in a key technology sector. You will gain an extensive knowledge of materials working to defence and aerospace standards, learn finishing processes such as spray painting, silk-screen printing and engraving and carry out quality checks.
Closing date: 01 Aug 2023
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.45pm Friday 8am to 1pm.
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
11 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice at Cove you will start as a valued team member learning to :
- Set up & operate a variety of conventional & CNC machines and undertake turning, graining, deburring, masking, powder coating, pressing, punching and assembling a wide variety of parts
- You will follow operation sheets, to ensure parts are progressed through the factory on time
- Achieve set production times and targets
- Read and interpret drawings & quality specifications
- You will gain an extensive knowledge of materials working to defence and aerospace standards
- You will learn finishing processes such as spray painting, silk-screen printing and engraving
- Carry out quality checks
- Work safely in compliance with health and safety law and in accordance with the company's policies
- Undertake other duties that may reasonably be required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As an apprentice at Cove you will be employed in our factory with day release, off-site college based learning at Farnborough College of Technology [click on the link > https://www.farn-ct.ac.uk/ ].
Throughout your apprenticeship you will gain the following quailifcations:
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Opertions (Skills)
- Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operations (Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will provide an opportunity to progress though the company and possibly onto a Level 3 Engineering Apprenticeship.
But to start you don't necessarily need to have industry or technical experience - simply the desire to embark upon a new and exciting career as a professional engineer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
COVE INDUSTRIAL ENTERPRISES LTD
18 INVINCIBLE ROAD
FARNBOROUGH COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.